This report investigates how the subject choices of Indian applicants relate to three key areas including; motivations specific to the region, the importance of subject reputation and perceptions about the international academic experience.
This exposes some of the motivations behind the popularity of STEM subjects in India, as well as the significance of academic freedom and professor reputation.
Our data and analysis can be used by universities to enhance recruitment strategies to the region. The report explores:
- The value of STEM subjects in India.
- The influence of family in subject choices.
- The pursuit of academic freedom and modern teaching methods.
- The importance of course curriculum and professor reputation.
- Access issues related to the specific research interests of universities.