About the role
QS, is one of the world’s leading compilers of independent market research and institutional evaluations in international higher education. The company publishes a range of highly visible and influential rankings of international universities including the QS World University Rankings, reaching a global audience in the hundreds of millions.
QS is seeking a skilled and organised data-minded people manager to take up the position of Data Acquisition Manager. This position will require a strong degree of data literacy coupled with exceptional project and operational management skills. You will own our processes for acquiring data to feed our rankings and manage our rankings help-desk operation. You will be responsible for ensuring we have the data we need, when we need it. This involves acquisition of individual data points direct from stakeholders, surveys, managing partner providers among other data gathering mechanisms. You will also ensure we are providing our stakeholders with a customer-centric service, which typically involves dealing with complex and detailed data related queries.
Who are you?
First and foremost, you will be someone who lives and breathes our values – Passion, Empowerment, Diversity, Integrity and Innovation. Understanding data will be among your passions – you will love drilling in to the nitty gritty behind data and helping others to understand the nuances too.
This is a challenging role which requires exceptional organisation and people management skills. You will be great at juggling completing demands and utilising the team to its full potential to achieve success. You will be highly organised, being confident planning out various campaigns and data gathering exercises.
You will be a sterling communicator which will be needed to manage team members working in various locations around the world. You will also need to be a strong collaborator and a leader who understands how to empower your team and get them achieving at their full potential.
A strong interest in higher education is essential as you will be working with universities around the world every day, being on the front line of building sophisticated insight that helps them to compare themselves to one another and maximise their impact in the world.
– Data collection and validation – planning and managing a global data collection exercise from universities around the world
– Partner management – managing the provision of existing data feeds and sourcing new and innovative feeds to complement our work
– Operational management – managing our rankings helpdesk and enquiries service through a global team in a matrix management environment
– Research – leading the team in desk-based research to find new sources of information
– Reporting – preparing management information reports on the performance of your team
– Exceptional organisation skills. A great planner and someone who thinks about things through project management lens
– Detail oriented. Ability to stay focused and demonstrate an exceptionally high attention to detail
– Strong team leadership experience. In particular, managing, coaching and upskilling a distributed team and working within a complex matrix management environment
– Bigger picture thinking. Understanding why we do things and the broader impact of your team’s work
– Data literacy. Knowledge of how data works and how the pieces of it fit together to tell an overall story
– IT literacy. Ability to get the most out of various software systems and to plan and execute various email campaigns
– Process and policy experience. Skilled in building out and maintain processes, guidance and data policies.
– A great communicator. Ability to communicate effectively across cultures and explain complex technical concepts in plain language
– Inquisitive mind and genuine interest in Higher Education
To apply for this job online, please click here.