The higher education industry is a growing market and QS has established itself as the global leader in higher education events and intelligence. We provide recruiting platforms for Business Schools, Universities and employers to meet with talented individuals, for their academic programmes and career development. We are also known worldwide for the QS World University Rankings.
We are currently looking for a qualified Management Accountant to join our global finance team. This is a fantastic role for someone keen to progress and take on further responsibilities, adding to their existing strong technical accounting knowledge. This is a unique opportunity to join an international business which has recently obtained external investment to support its growth ambitions.
Working as part of a global finance team, reporting to the Financial Controller based in the UK, you will take on a broad and challenging role:
· Complete month end activities and improve the quality and analysis of reporting;
· Fully own preparation of the monthly management pack for the board, investigating any anomalies;
· Support business unit managers through provision of accurate divisional reports with commentary;
· Ensure good quality balance sheet reconciliations and reviews;
· Own deferred revenue management;
· Complete VAT returns and EC sales list;
· Work to streamline systems and ensure effective controls and processes are in place; and
· Assist with production of UK statutory accounts.
We are looking for:
· ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified candidate, ideally with practice background
· Good understanding of financial accounting and reporting systems
· Excellent communication skills, and ability to work effectively with both internal and external contacts
· Proactive in problem solving and keen to drive change and make improvements
· Inquisitive mind with impeccable work ethic
· Ability to work to tight deadlines
· Good attention to detail
· Advanced Excel
To apply for this job online, please click here.