QS Quacquarelli Symonds was founded in 1990 and has established itself as the leading global provider of specialist higher education and careers information and solutions. At QS we want to ensure candidates have access to the best tools and the best independent expert information before making a decision.
Our activities span across 50 countries, working with over 2000 of the world’s leading higher education institutions and over 12,000 employers. We provide services at each key career stage; first degree, Masters, PhD, MBA, and Executive-level.
QS Professional Services (a division of QS Quacquarelli Symonds Ltd), is one of the world’s leading compilers of independent market research and institutional evaluations in international higher education. The unit (QSPS) publishes a range of highly visible and influential rankings of international universities including the QS World University Rankings®, a range of reports on the trends and opinions of internationally mobile students and the viewpoint of employers as well as operating an increasing range of commercially successful reporting, evaluation and bespoke consultancy services for individual universities. QSPS is also home to the portfolio of branding and conferences for which we have very ambitious plans. In an increasingly competitive environment universities are seeking to improve the global reputation and brand. QSPS currently has 10 events globally a year and these range from large scale ‘flagship’ events attracting between 300-600 per event to smaller more ‘focused’ events attracting up to 200 delegates. In addition to this growing part of the business QSPS also publishes a range of high-profile publications providing university brand awareness though traditional and digital platforms for brand building.
QS is seeking a self-motivated Marketing Strategist in its professional services division, which offers rankings and ratings, business intelligence, conferences and consulting to the global higher education sector. The role will involve building and maintaining a coherent and effective marketing plan and leading a small team of dedicated content and marketing professionals (based in Singapore) to deliver key marketing objectives. Delegate marketing for the growing events business is a core part of the role as well as developing consistent high-impact product promotional materials as well as developing and executing marketing campaigns to promote specific product in market.
QS already has a central B2B marketing function (based in London) with which the successful candidate will be expected to frequently interact and contribute to the efforts of, where appropriate, but the focus of the role will be the origination and execution of inventive data-led campaigns to strengthen our go to market impact and increase inbound business enquiries. A key focus within that will be to understand how the conferences and events the division runs can augment our understanding of the market with view to amplifying business impact.
The ideal candidate will be based in either Singapore or London. Experience working with the HE sector would be valuable but not essential and an understanding of global university rankings will be a clear advantage. A proven track record in marketing or marketing management and a first-hand expertise in social media will be an advantage. Professional level fluency in English is vital, other languages are a plus.
- Managing and development of the divisional marketing plan.
- Origination and maintenance of an accessible and coherent marketing plan aligned with business objectives.
- Delivery of marketing targets
- Interacting with and supporting the central B2B marketing function as it pertains to the professional services operation, ensuring all sales regionals are supported with webinars and direct mail campaigns
- Leading the divisional marketing team and originating innovative and targeted campaigns, manage the divisions social media outputs with a view to develop protocols and structure
- Understanding and enriching the role of conference participation in the nurture stream to deeper commercial engagement with QS & assist in sourcing of ‘guest’ speakers for all events
- Interfacing with sales, product, logistics and events teams.
- Updating & overseeing design and production of sales and marketing materials
- Ensure that ALL marketing outreach is GDPR compliant
- Stays abreast of changes within our sector
- Ability to travel internationally is essential
The successful candidate will have most of the following:
- Will be educated to university degree level.
- Will have 4-5 years proven marketing experience, preferably in the education sector.
- 2-3 Year line management experience will be a plus.
- Excellent English, both written and verbal
- A proven track record in the delivery of personal and team marketing targets.
- Experience with and exposure to marketing automation processes and platforms (e.g. Marketo/Hubspot). Marketo experience will be a specific plus.
- Strong planning, organising and presentation skills.
- Social media expertise. A strong personal social media following will be an indicator, and if in education, a direct asset
- Excellent communication, collaborative skills and creative flare.
- A great performance-led team ethic with an international outlook.
- Strong interpersonal skills with a challenging and persuasive manner, to win and maintain the respect of their team and other colleagues.
- Familiar with Customer Relationship Management system is an advantage
To apply for this job online, please click here.