QS, is one of the world’s leading compilers of independent market research and institutional evaluations in international higher education. The company publishes a range of highly visible and influential rankings of international universities including the QS World University Rankings®, a range of reports on the trends and opinions of internationally mobile students as well as operating a range of commercially successful reporting, evaluation and bespoke consultancy services for individual universities.
QS is seeking an experienced Analyst with good knowledge of the international higher education sector to help us take our analysis and rankings activities to new levels of sophistication. This position will require a strong analytical capability, knowledge and interest in higher education and creativity. The role will be a major contributor to rankings outputs such as the QS World University Rankings which has a global audience in the 100s of millions.
Who are you?
The ideal candidate for this role will have a sharp analytical intellect, first-rate communication and negotiation skills and a thorough understanding of the higher education. You will be equally comfortable immersing yourself in the exploration of data, as you will guiding other less experienced team members through their analysis. You will have top-notch skills working with data – being confident working with the most complex functions in Excel (and ideally VBA) as well has having strong familiarity with other data analysis and statistical packages. Experience working with R, Python or MATLAB and BI software would be an added bonus.
You will be able to couple these strong data skills with strong communication skills – being able to confidently and persuasively tell the stories behind the data using polished visualisations and to clearly explain how things work to non-technical audiences.
- Developing and delivering a suite of rankings related to universities and ensuring that they remain independent and our analysis methods are robust
- Driving improvements in our process and automizing processes
- Coaching and guiding less experienced team members through their analysis activities
- Working with stakeholders and subject matter experts across the team to make sure the ranking activities remain relevant and of greatest impact
- Creating tailored visualisations of findings
- Explaining and articulating the outcomes of your analysis to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
· Strong analytical experience
- Expert knowledge of Excel or equivalent data software
- Understanding of at least one data science-related language (Python, R, MATLAB, etc)
- Experience working with at least one BI solution, such as Tableau, Qlik or PowerBI
- Knowledge of MySQL/T-SQL
- Highly organised with effective time management skills and deadline driven, with a strong work ethic
- Exceptional written and spoken communication in English and ability to confidently communicate with stakeholders at all levels
- Demonstrable knowledge of the international higher education landscape
- A degree from a leading university in a numeric discipline, and ideally post-graduate qualifications
To apply for this job online, please click here.