QS is a global leader in higher education services. We are the data analytics, performance insight provider and intelligence partner supporting university excellence across the world. Our student recruitment and enrolment solutions enable universities and business schools to connect with talented individuals that are seeking to further their academic progress and career development. Our portfolio of professional services includes consultancy, student mobility and academic partnerships management, and branding solutions.
We publish highly visible and influential rankings of international universities, including the QS World University Rankings® which reaches a global audience of hundreds of millions of people.
QS keeps growing organically, through acquisition and by recruiting top talent across key regions.
You will be working closely with the Head of Corporate IT Operations in a hands-on capacity, covering both BAU and project-based responsibilities. You will be part of a global team that is present in United Kingdom, Germany, Romania and India.
In the next few months, QS Headquarters will be going through a process of refurbishment – physically and logistically; therefore, an extensive knowledge in IT Infrastructure and Operations would be crucial for this role.
- Must have minimum 5-7 years’ experience at systems administration level.
- Must be self-motivated and have the right attitude to complete tasks and respect deadlines.
- Great Interpersonal skills – ability to converse with both internal and external customers.
- Must have a strong desire to succeed and thrive in front of challenges.
- A flexible approach to work and the ability to progress under pressure.
- Seek to improve the way processes work, suggest improvements and enhancements where possible.
- Provide global operational support for service request fulfilment, incident management, problem management and asset management.
- Participate in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure.
- Ensure that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organisational values, enabling staff, volunteers, and partners.
- Supports and contributes to the continual improvement of processes, policies and documentation necessary to consistently enact and adapt to change.
- Act as a subject matter expert and adviser on IT infrastructure issues, providing input to decision-making process for QS projects, strategic plans and budget exercises.
- Helping with QS’s vision of the IT user experience, working with onsite support to manage change and help troubleshoot user issues.
- Intensive Networking including Firewalls (Untangle, SonicWALL, Cisco), Routers and Switches and Wi-Fi (Cisco Meraki). (CCNA qualified)
- Strong experience with software and update deployment systems
- Strong knowledge of Windows Server technology (MCSE qualified)
- Good knowledge of Linux technology
- Strong Office 365 knowledge (Exchange, SharePoint, OneDrive, TEAMS)
- Strong Azure AD and very good knowledge of Microsoft Intune and other MDM solutions
- Deep understanding of Agile and ITIL practices and toolsets
- JIRA administration
- Backup and Disaster Recovery processes, procedures and software, hardware, and architecture including off-site location
- Security process, procedures, hardware, software, and network architecture that promote best practice security while maintaining a functional user base
- Automation and scripting skills (PowerShell)
- International travel may be required as part of this role
- Due to global coverage, out of hours work might be required as well as weeks due to current infrastructural changes projects
- Must have demonstratable experience leading a team
To apply for this job online, please click here.