QS is a global leader in higher education services. We offer student recruitment solutions, data analytics and insight, consultancy, and intelligence to thousands of university clients across the world. The QS Intelligence Unit is one of the world’s leading compilers of independent market research and institutional evaluations in international higher education. We empower the social impact of universities by informing their strategic decision making through high-profile competitive intelligence, distinctive evaluation tools and transformational insight. The unit publishes a range of highly visible and influential rankings of international universities including the QS World University Rankings® which reaches a global audience of hundreds of millions of people, as well as operating a range of commercially successful reporting, evaluation and bespoke consultancy services for individual universities. We have strong global assets and growth prospects, and we are currently both enhancing our existing business models and nurturing new revenue streams. QS has grown both organically and through acquisition; and through carefully targeted recruitment of top talent across key regions.
An opportunity has arisen to join QS in the role of Rankings Manager. The role is responsible for managing the production and development of our university rankings which inform the education choices of millions of students and have a significant impact on education policy around the world.
The role leads an international multidisciplinary team responsible for processing data, running rankings analysis, project managing data acquisition activities and developing new evaluation frameworks. Success in the role requires exceptional people management skills – being able to effectively engage a multidisciplinary team to ensure you maximise their impact. The role also requires a strong understanding of data management, various quantitative research methods, and an awareness of the types of performance measures applied to universities in the global context so you can guide the team and ensure they are applying best practices.
The role requires exceptional communication skills to share the findings of various pieces of analysis with our international audiences – explaining the complexities of the analysis and methodological approaches to technical and non-technical stakeholders. A good awareness of communication with diverse stakeholders and getting impact messages across to cross-cultural sets of stakeholders is important
What is required?
- Minimum 5 years experience managing a multi-disciplinary team
- A track record of driving continuous improvement
- Strong skills in stakeholder management, particularly managing senior stakeholders
- Experience in workload planning, setting objectives and monitoring team performance
- Experience of quantitative research methodologies
- Experience of working with large and complex datasets
- Excellent numeracy and attention to detail
- Intellectual curiosity. You will constructively challenge processes and suggest alternatives
- An understanding of quality assurance and evaluation frameworks
- Experience presenting research findings and public speaking in international forums
- Ability to travel internationally
To apply for this job online, please click here.