The QS Top 50 Under 50® 2016-2017 is a celebration of the very best young universities in the world. Every institution on the list is under 50 years old but, despite their relatively recent foundations, they have already made a big impact on the world of higher education.
The ranking is created using data from the newly released QS World University Rankings® 2016/17 and, as such, there are some interesting trends emerging this year.
Here are the top 10 institutions:
- Nanyang Technological University (NTU)
- The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (HKUST)
- KAIST – Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology
- City University of Hong Kong
- Pohang University of Science and Technology (POSTECH)
- The Hong Kong Polytechnic University
- Maastricht University
- University of Technology, Sydney (UTS)
- Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona
- University of Antwerp
It’s a real winning year for Asia in these university rankings! Not only have institutions in this region performed well in the QS World University Rankings® 2016/17, but they hold all of the top six positions in the QS Top 50 Under 50® 2016-2017 too!