QS is co-organizing with Ca’ Foscari University of Venice a complimentary workshop about Sustainability in University Rankings on Monday 21st October 2013 from 9am. It is complimentary to attend and lunch is provided by the university.
This initiative aims to include these indicators in order to spread a sustainable perspective into all academic institutions. Universities are playing a key role in the education of a future generation of sustainable leaders and they can contribute to create and spread sustainable behaviours. Many academic institutions are strongly committed in sustainability and have already integrated it in their organisations and educational programs. But we need to spread the relevance of this issue also to the others.
There are various rankings specialised in sustainability, but an integration of sustainable indicators into traditional rankings will stimulate a serious awareness of this issue and a consequently inclusion of sustainability into all universities agenda.
With this workshop we want to share ideas and motivations with relevant and authoritative players of the rating systems and with experts in sustainability and sustainability rankings: we will have the chance to discuss and select the possible kit of indicators to be included.
Who can attend? Anybody interested the integration of sustainability indicators into University Rankings
09:00 – 09:30 Registration
09:30 – 09:45 Opening del Rettore
09:45- 11.30 Session 1
- Opening, Rector Carlo Carraro
- Professor Chiara Mio, Rector’s Delegate on Environmental Sustainability and University Social Responsability
- Mr. Ben Sowter – Head of Division Intelligence Unit of QS World University Ranking
- Mr. Adam Tyson – Head of Unit Higher Education, DG Education and Culture, European Commission
- Professor Stefano Paleari, Deputy Chairman of EUA – European University Association
- Mr. Philippe Pypaert – Senior Programme Specialist UNESCO
- Mr. Jonas Heartle, Head, PRME Secretariat [in teleconference]
11:00 – 11:30 Coffee Break
11.30 – 13:30 Session 2
- Professor Riri Fitri Sari – Chairperson of UI GreenMetric World University Ranking
- Mrs. Lisa McNeilly – Director of Sustainability University of California, Berkeley
- Professor Jiang Wu – Vice Dean, Tongji University and Dean of UNEP-Tongji Institute of Environment for Sustainable Development
- Mr. Mahesh Pradhan – GUPES – Global Universities Partnership on Environment and Sustainability [in teleconference]
13:30 – 15:00 Lunch break
15:00 – 18:00 – Work session with
- Mr Jean-Christophe Carteron – CSR Director KEDGE Business Scholl, and Director of the platform for sustainability performance in Education
18:00 – Closing
20:30 – Guided tour at St. Mark’s Basilica*